Sunday, May 2, 2010

Old man trapped in a little guy's body...


At my school we have all kinds of different 'spirit days', last month we had SILLY DAY...I had my shirt on backwards, a pair of shorts on top of my pants and then Mom grabbed my clip-on tie and we were good to go. I had a blast and decided I liked dressing like Dad, well--the tie anyway (Dad doesn't wear his clothes backwards!). For the next week I wore my tie everyday...and I must say, I was lookin' GOOD. The funny part is that I wore the tie all day at school but managed to keep it clean. Mom & Dad were impressed. One morning at school Mommy asked Miss Sharon about how I was able to keep it clean (she was convinced that I took the tie off during the day). When I ate with it on at school, I had one of my teachers tuck my tie into my shirt or flip it over my shoulder like Daddy does. During week two, however, Mom heard me announce to one of my friends "NO...I'M the DADDY...I'M the ADULT--I'm the on in the tie". UH-OH. Sure enough, as M&D were tucking me into bed that night Mommy announced she found out how I keep the tie clean and Dad took a deep breath and said, "yeah, um about the tie..." My teachers said I can't wear my tie to school for a while because I kept telling them that I was the adult and they needed to show me some respect. OOPS....ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: