Friday, August 21, 2009

My kayaking adventure

I'm ready for my first kayak adventure. I've been in canoes, rowboats, speedboats and even an open style kayak...but this the whole 'contained' thing is new to me...and Mom and Dad keep warning me that I need to be a bit careful to not "throw my weight around" (whatever that means). Please note, I finally gave in and wore the foolish water shoes Mom bought me at the beginning of the summer. I like my crocks better but they are a 'bit' slippery on the dock. Mom's happy she finally won a battle, but enough about that. Like my snazzy sunglasses? Here, I'll get REAL close so you can see they're Thomas the Tank Engine glasses. Cool.

Hmmm...I have to say, kayaking was fun, but I'm not entirely convinced (yet) that it's my thing. Now, if they'd let ME paddle, I'm sure it would be much more fun! I tried to help my using my hands as a rudder, but I almost tipped us over a few times. The cool thing about our adventure was that is was a beautiful morning on the water. Calm, flat and quiet (well, except for me). We saw osprey, loons and some fish jumpin'. Amazingly, we did not roll our kayak (nor did Mom)!

No comments: