Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Piper Mountain Adventure














Every year at Christmas time, my cousin Ally and her family go to Piper Mountain (a tree farm) to cut down their Christmas tree and get a new ornament for the tree. This year they invited us to make it our tradition too. It was a bitterly cold day, but we didn't let that stop us from having fun. I helped pick out the perfect tree and even helped cut it down AND drag it out (please note my cool saw in my hand...). When we were done loading our trees, we went to the gift shop to warm up with hot apple cider and fresh donuts...and picked out a few new ornaments for our trees. Once we could feel our fingers again, we went to visit the horses--and had a tour of the farm on a horse pulled buggy. I LOVED it and would have done it again and again if the grownups would have gone for it! Glad we got our tree that day b/c the next day we were blasted with inches and inches of fluffy white snow. Daddy's been home from school for two days! More on our snow adventures later...

For now, I'm finally caught up and I need a rest! Happy Holidays! -Henry

No comments: